Our client, a leading fashion tech startup, makes tech-enabled fashion products and travel accessories and make them relevant to the digital age. They started their journey with a vision to create the world's first smart wallet. While they were on it, they realized that a lot more than a fingerprint sensor was required for their product to succeed- like an app integration.
We, at [x]cube, with our proven expertise in native apps development, took the responsibility to enhance their idea and enable them to achieve the disruptive innovation they aspired to.
A very common problem with all the wallet users in the world is losing their wallet- be it forgetting where they had kept it, or theft. Misplacing their cards, cash, or IDs comes across as the painful aftermath of losing the wallet. They would often spend time looking for it and in filing applications for lost cards and IDs. Our client wanted to resolve this problem in a way that could help the owners trace their wallet easily.
The integration of wallet with the app was challenged not only by the complex hardware integration but also by the extensive engineering required from the point of native app development. Our team knew that the task requires intense engineering that involved the use of BLE, latches, GPS, buzzer, and more to keep core features functional while keeping the UI simple and ensuring that the UX is seamless.
We increased certain functionalities, fixed bugs, made changes to the app design to enhance the experience of owning a smart wallet. The wallet is always connected to the smartphone using bluetooth to ensure that the wallet is always by the user’s side. A user needs to download the smart wallet app, sync it with their smartphone via bluetooth and register their fingerprint on wallet and app to begin using their wallet.
- Integrated Bluetooth: The wallet connects to your smartphone using Bluetooth and your phone alerts you every time you leave your wallet behind.
- Fingerprint authentication: Exclusive access to wallet with no fear of missing cash. Can store up to 20 fingerprints for sharing the wallet with family as well.
- Crowd Source GPS technology: In case of loss or theft of your smart wallet, mark your wallet as lost on the app. This puts all users on a lookout for your wallet.
- Electronic latch: This locks the wallet and will only unlock on fingerprint recognition (biometric authentication) of the owner. Unauthorized users will be locked out immediately. In case someone tries to tamper with the latch, a notification is sent immediately to your phone.
- Buzzer: Every time you have issues locating your wallet, be it under a car seat or a pile of clothes, use the buzz feature on the app. This makes your wallet ring so you can follow the sound to find it.
- Rechargeable Battery: The wallet battery lasts up to 9 months without charging. It can be fast-charged with the charger unit that’s bundled in the box.
The product’s launch was anticipated since the inception of the idea. It has been well received and highlighted by the latest gadgets and technology news. It was also covered by the top technology websites and blogs for breakthrough innovation in the tech-enabled fashion category.
Download Case study →