The amount of effort being placed into mobile app development is staggering. When an app is designed properly, mobile apps become competitive weapons which will provide a business the superiority within the battle for market share. However there is an obvious drawback with major apps: they are not excellent, they may do the task, but they are missing key features that distinguish a really effective and addictive app with a good user experience from a simply “okay” app. If your app is missing any of those features, you would like to rethink however and why you are designing for mobile.
Following are the 7 things that you need to look into before developing an enterprise app:
- Apps must work offline. The reality of being mobile is that, so much too usually, wireless data services are not accessible. Mobile apps that cannot work in offline mode waste the worth of mobility. Apps must work offline to gain or to retain users. Not all the phones are connected to data services. In such cases, an app that works offline is an add on. An offline app’s performance can be snappy, consistent. Almost immediate searches of cached recordsets. And the best part of an offline app is that, it has the potential to add a couple of more hours to the battery life on your phone.
- Provide user feedback. Enterprise mobile apps ought to be able to ask the user to rate or comment on app features and functions and also as track user behavior to produce insight into ways in which the app is used and may be improved. In this way, businesses can constantly improve their apps to deliver the greatest value. When users are using two competing apps then they are always comparing between the apps as well. But if your app can cope up with a good feedback, you have got a high chance that you would feel rewarded. Giving importance to the user’s feedback and acting upon it is an essential need for you.
- Support customization. App customization could be as easy as permitting the user to pick a “skin” or as advanced as permitting the app’s menu to be organized. This matters as a result of what works within the field is typically not precisely what was planned for. Successful businesses got to be nimble and adapt, which needs their apps got to be even as nimble. Apps must conjointly support customization to support the distinctive options of every device kind, whether Android or iOS. Customizing an app makes an use feel something new, different and the user will be happy to use your app over and over again.
- Need for a strong ROI. Measuring the return on investment (ROI) of an enterprise app development process concerns our app directly and depends on which OS it has been developed. ROI in mobile app development isn’t invariably a similar and should not even be proportional to the investment created. the foremost vital issue is to own the goals we would like to attain with our app project outlined from the start. Is it an application for your company? Or is it rather a game to get money? It’s not similar to develop mobile games to earn money than to form a company app to boost your complete and be ready to connect additional directly along with your customers. So it depends on the outset of your app when you are thinking about ROI.
- App Security. An unsafe app is always a major drawback while developing an enterprise mobile app. The security is the main concern for the users when they use the app. An app with high security is always recommended to build a successful enterprise app. There were numerous reports related to hacking and information leaks. “As per Gartner’s prediction, 75% of mobile applications will fail basic security tests.” The hackers will continue to exploit security gaps in enterprise mobile apps to crack sensitive information. Key point, mobile app security is something developers need to seriously act upon.
- Allow updating. Enterprise Mobile apps must be simply updatable not only to fix issues however, additionally incorporate user feedback and supply improved features. These updates must be straightforward to implement across all platforms and devices. Updating an app keeps your customers happy. For a mass driven market, users emerge because the most vital app testers and their discontent should be taken care as early as possible by a mobile app development team. In the modern-day mobile world, keeping up with the competition helps you to improve, innovate your app in a better way. Your competitors and you’re in an exceedingly constant tussle to extend and retain various user base. And to stay at the top it’s essential to serve what others don’t seem to be able to offer to your users. If your contender adds an extra feature within the app and rolls it out for free of charge, you’d would want to do a similar thing, by adding or changing an existing feature in your app.
For many enterprises, developing mobile apps is a great way to spend time and money because these apps help boost employees’ productivity. Through a mobile app, users can accomplish a difficult and time-consuming business process in just a few minutes or even seconds. Still, each and every app comes with challenges. Businesses may have to dig deep into their pockets to come with the money for native apps or sacrifice some practicality to create apps. In conclusion, an app must be easy, perform consistently and the user must feel secure while using an app.