Businesses today are under an aura of transformation, driven by emerging technologies. With companies like Uber, Airbnb, SalesForce and many others in the picture, the moment of truth is here. These digitally revolutionized companies call for a change. Marketers and entrepreneurs now need to understand how to engage their customers and meet up with their demands of staying connected round the clock.
In this world where information is available on a single tap devices, digital transformation encompasses every idea that has a minor digital aspect. Starting from an early phase being digitally reactive involves being tactical on every transaction that forms the backbone of online business. Following this and moving to being digitally strategic is the next big step. This involves being digital in processes like selling your products and services to thrive against competitors. After attaining this stage with your USPs in place comes the ultimate stage of transformation, where the innovation of your business drives trends and fashion in the industry.
To complete your journey through these crucial phases, few winning tips to keep in check are described below. If you are a marketer or an entrepreneur, these tips are your spot on methods to follow.
- Know your customer: Before you plan out your strategy or hire a resource team, knowing and analyzing your customer will lead to building a strong foundation. It is critical that you know what your target segment thinks, what are they looking for, what attracts them the most and what is your go to strategy to keep them engaged. Building buyer personas will help you with representations of your ideal customers. Framing a story of these customer journeys can easily help you identify the how’s and why’s behind a particular action. As a strategist, you need to map out the customer journey and identify his needs step by step to form a rock solid plan for your business goals.
- Develop your team: For the smooth sailing of any strategy in process of going digital, building your team is the first step. A team that comprises the knowledge of both aspects – marketing and technology is what you are looking for. Serving just one aspect of your plan will lead to an incomplete fulfillment of your goals. A resource who knows marketing with a sound knowledge of technology will prove to be your best pick amongst the lot. Digital transformation is a path full of surprises, to deal with the newness, having stability in your high-performance team is essential. Your organization goals, objectives and fashion will change, therefore find people who are comfortable with uncertainty and have a variety of paths to cater too. In short, hire omnivores.
- Keep the ‘learn as you go’ attitude: Being open to changes and having the learning attitude is a plus. Having the shared vision of an outcome helps to get to your objective efficiently with a variety of ideas in place. Let’s be honest here, you will never be able to enter a consumer’s mind and understand his pain point until you hear him out. aren’t open to learning. Keeping your solution in focus and trying to develop content on it is not the right way to go about digital transformation. Rather, keep a clear mind, ears open and adapt the change.
- Experimenting: Innovating new ideas and experimenting, has always been a key factor in digital transformation. Taking risks — which is the core of experimenting — can make you feel uncomfortable, which is why you tend to avoid it. Taking risks puts you in a position to possibly fail, it also creates the opportunity to do something great, something that’s far better than what you are doing now. Digital always has the benefit to trial and error and you can always learn something new. Experimentation integrates learning opportunities into the full scale execution of your plan.
- Integrate your culture: More than forming a dedicated team for transformation, it is important that your employees accept and adapt to the metamorphosis. Going digital comes with changes in every department and process the foundation of your business. If the culture of your organisation is not digitally sound, you probably will have things the hard way. Train your staff for the right digital experience and let them have the roller coaster ride for fun.
Testing and learning is your step to digital strategy. Analysing all your steps to form a strong thesis should be inherent in your culture and you will have it all the easy way.
It’s time for digital!