Customer-facing mobile apps have become a popular channel of interaction between a business or a brand and its customers. Most of the business these days build an app for their customers with the objective to drive engagement, improve customer satisfaction and ultimately get more sales. However, it is not just enough to build an app, your mobile app should also be able to impress customers to help you realize your business goals. So what are the factors that drive the success of a mobile application? What are the things that customers expect from your app? Here are the 5 critical success factors-
- Value- Your app must deliver value to the customer. It must deliver what it promises. You can deliver value to your customer by providing key, update and relevant information. You can also use gamification techniques to make customer engagement with your app entertaining. And helping your customers perform tasks through your app will also bring value to them.
- Easy-to-navigate- Your users have varying levels of mobile maturity. And therefore it is important that your provide an easy-to-navigate interface so that all users can use your app.
- Platform and device compatibility: Customers also expect your app to be compatible to their device. An iOS only app will disappoint Android users and vice-versa. Therefore it is important that your mobile app strategy includes developing apps for all popular platforms.
- Free of bugs/issues- Users are intolerable towards problematic apps. A survey by compuware tells us that 79% users would abandon an app after trying it for once or twice. So it is important that your app works well and is free of any bug and technical issues.
- Faster loading- Users also expect your app to load quickly. 78% users as per the study expect your app to not only load quickly but faster than a mobile website. The median download time expected for an app is just 2 seconds.
A Nielsen study reveals that a smartphone user on an average owns 41 apps. So it’s not easy for an app to get space on his mobile screen and become a part of his life. It has to deliver value, performance and seamless experience. That’s the key towards building a killer app!
Image courtesy of suphakit73 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net