Experience: 3-8 years
Building highly scalable server-side solutions which include Web APIs for mobile apps and “always alive” processing engines that handle incoming stream of requests and act on them for a variety of activities that include generating analytics, reports, data management operations, etc.
- Data Scientist or Data Mining expert who will work in an Agile environment and implement end-to-end Analytical solutions.
- Design, evaluate and implement highly scalable algorithms for processing large amounts
of data parallely.
- Partner with Engineering teams to solve customer problems and identify trends and opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- BTech or MTech in Computer Science, Statistics or related field, with a specialization in Data Science / Machine Learning.
- Multiple Experience brackets either 1 to 4 years or 4 to 8 years programming experience
- Strong theoretical foundation in mathematical statistics
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, statistical, text mining, and optimization algorithms.
- Deep data analysis and data validation ability to prepare structured and unstructured data for machine learning algorithms.
- Experience developing static and interactive data visualizations is a plus.
- Experience using statistical tools such as R, Weka, etc. is a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL, knowledge of NoSQL and MongoDB or CouchDB is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Mahout, Spark, Hive, Pig, etc. is a plus.